A sports injury can be very common in the world of sports. Trinity Orthopedics would like to discuss the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics sports injuries in this blog, and offer prevention tips and how we would treat your sports injury. A sports injury can be a burden on any athlete, and can be very bothersome in cold weather environments like Sochi, Russia.
Follow these Tips to Prevent a Sports Injury on the Slopes
- Start with conditioning exercises
- Regularly check your equipment
- Wear protective equipment
- Get proper instruction/training
- Take breaks & stay hydrated
Common Sports Injuries and Prevention Tips:
- Rib Injuries– Wear correct protective gear when playing contact sports or high impact sports.
- Ankle Injuries– Stretch the muscles and ligaments in your feet and ankles and use braces if you feel your ankles are weak.
- Broken Bones– Practice good form and technique to prevent broken bones.
- Torn Ligaments– Stretch and warm up your ligaments with short jogs.
- Knee Injuries– Stretch and warm up your knee to get it use to the movements needed in your sports.
- Concussions– Wear protective head gear during impact sports
At Trinity Orthopedics we treat every patient with a sports injury like a professional, because we know, like professionals; you want to get back into your sport as fast as possible. Sports injuries such as; rib and ankle injuries need to be evaluated for torn ligaments, fractures and sprains, but physical therapy would help get you back in the game. If there are broken bones and torn ligaments, Trinity Orthopedic, the best sports injury facility in the Fort Worth, TX area, we’ll evaluate and determine your treatment, whether you need surgery or if the bone just needs to be set. Knee injuries are a very common injury at Trinity Orthopedics, and we treat every knee injury uniquely, so you get personalized care to get you back in the game. Concussions need to be monitored and Trinity Orthopedics will recommend a spine evaluation to determine if the spine has sustained injuries or if you have experienced whiplash from the injury.
Remember practice makes perfect, and the more perfect form and stances you take in your sport, will help prevent sports injuries. Please feel free to attend our sports injury clinics! Tune into the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics to support our team. Go Team USA!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding injuries, please don’t hesitate to call Trinity Orthopedics. Contact us or call 817-778-8387 to schedule a consultation with our doctors!